Posted to rec.woodworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default Planer Advice

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

[snip]

If the rollers are in fact turning, as others have suggested it could
be the roller height relative to the cutters that is the problem...
I'd also check to see that the rollers move up and down under spring
tension. If they seem to be fixed in place it could indicate that the
spring loaded bearing blocks are stuck in place from crud or rust.
Stuck rollers would impact how it feeds the wood.

Something I am trying to see, even now. Having looked at the IPB to put together a
parts list, I noticed that the rollers appear to be spring loaded by small coil
springs. Still working on how to get at them in the least invasive manner.

Check and see if any wood chips got into the mechanism and are
preventing the springs from bottoming out the feed rollers.
Art