Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
Danny D.[_7_] Danny D.[_7_] is offline

Default Last step in the project of building a home soda machine forflavoring cola

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 06:34:05 -0800, wrote:

That's a recurring cost of $1.83 for 2 litres. You can buy real Coke,
not some generic cola, for $1.60 and that's when it's not on sale.

I have to agree with you that the whole Soda Stream model makes no
monetary sense to me.

My kids and I don't find the cola taste from coke all that much different
from the Soda Stream taste - so I don't think they have an edge on taste.

So, about the only thing that the Soda Stream can sell on, at least to
me, would be on price or on convenience.

I figured I'd have the price part licked by building my own carbonation
machine (which was a fun and super easy project) - but the syrup is now
the stumbling block.

I'm still working off the leads you guys gave to lower the price of the
syrup - but your store has it for the exact same price as Bed Bath &
Beyond did - so that's the biggest snag for me.