Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Planer Advice

Mike Marlow wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

You don't have the knives in correctly. They are sticking out too
far.

Between your comment, Doug's question and my own early thoughts, I'm
going to double check the knife I reversed tonight, and make double
sure it is fully seated, and then tackle the other knife in the
morning.
As I had said to Leon, when I looked in there last night, I sure did
think that the cutters looked like they were lower than the rollers.
Didn't seem to me that it should be that way.

It might be seated correctly, but the depth may be off. When knives are
sharpened, they lose some width.

Check the documentation relative to the machine with a view towards finding
the adjustment screws and how to set them.