Posted to alt.home.repair
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Enamel through an airless

"DanG" wrote in message
On 1/28/2013 11:00 AM, Steve B wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
news

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need to paint a couple of containers, about five gallons. I am
thinking
of using Rustoleum enamel.

Is there anything particular to running enamel through an airless?
Cleanup with mineral spirits?

Investigate another paint, such as acrylic latex?

Suggestions for a long lasting tough exterior paint that can be run
through an airless?

Steve

Cleanup may take 5 gallons or more of solvent.

AHA! A relevant response. Thanks. I had thought of that when I asked
the
question. I have changed choices to alkalyd, which can be cleaned up
with
mineral spirits, and hot soapy water. I think I knew the answer when I
posted the question, but I like to run my ideas in front of others,
because
sometimes, I learn things, and avoid pitfalls that others may have fallen
into.

Thanks for the help.

Steve

Alkyd paint IS oil based. Do NOT get any water in an airless hose when
cleaning up an oil based paint, it will curdle the inside of the hose and
you get to buy a new hose. If it takes you 5 gallons of thinner, you're
doing it wrong.

What a horrendous collection of mis information.

It's hard to believe the subject of oil paint and water even came up.
--
EA

--

Keep the whole world singing . . .