Gnube

Default Mail order limbo - an extra dimension?

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:20:22 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

I've found Parcel Post - ie the PO service - to be superb, so much so I
never use first class. Parcelforce is a prime example of privatization
gone wrong.

It must be down to regional differences then, I've never had poor
service from Parcel Force since they went private, had nothing but
trouble before that.

I ask for stuff to come via them if that's an option, since I know
I'll get it, and in a timely fashion. Really odd how it varies.

I had a parcel come from Scotland: Ordered by phone late one friday
lunchtime 14:00-15:00Hrs, arrived at 06:40 Hrs next day! Boy was I
pleased to be knocked up at that time on a Saturday morning - it was
my only "lay in" of the week at the time. Now I don't get one, so they
can do that any old day of the week as far as I am concerned. Good
value for the £4.65 standard charge at the time. The supplier asked if
I wanted express delivery and I said I could not see the point; I
reckon that proves the point!

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}