Bruce Barnett

Default Bandsaw query: adjusting pulley alignment AND belt tension?

"George" george@least writes:

Some of us just hang it on the pulleys and tap 'em into line before
tightening, but otherwise, it's still a goat rope with one individual.

It took me a 3 foot lever and a lot of weight to get the motor in
line. I tried a tap where the motor mount hits the frame, and it
didn't budge. (Certainly didn't want to tap the motor shaft). I'm not
sure how you were able to tension the belt (1/2 inch deflection) with
a simple tap. It might be because I have a new belt, and a heavier
motor (1 1/2HP) in my JWBS-14DX.

Now if I could only find a motor with the pulley in the motor's center
of gravity, it would have been much easier. :-)