Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power outage revisited

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 08:14:27 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

On Tuesday 29 January 2013 00:14 Meanie wrote in alt.home.repair:

It's been a few weeks but just an FYI for those who helped me and are
interested in the outcome of the circuit which was out. It ended up
being a fried neutral behind my medicine cabinet. The medicine cavinet
hid a huge cutout in the wall. The wires were in the wall (not in a box)
exposed and TAPED, not wire nutted.

Oh dear... There's always some fool who should not be let near anything more
demanding than changing a torch bulb...

Including many professional electricians. Every one of the houses I've
owned had dumbass stuff like this. I just found another exterior
light with no box. The Romex just goes out a hole in the siding and
is terminated in the base under the fixture. No box.