Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Sanding teak (interior use only)

On Jan 28, 8:49*pm, "Dick Snyder" wrote:
I have just completed a teak cover (top, bottom, and sides) for my crappy
stone mantle on my fireplace. I want to sand the teak to remove some marks.
I know teak is *an oily wood. Does anyone have any advice for me? All I can
find when I google is advice on boat decks and outdoor teak furniture where
the teak has dried out in the sun. My mantle cover is 3/4" teak I purchased
from a wood supplier in my area and it is still pretty oily.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Dick Snyder

Sand from 60 through 150. Coarse-textured wood, so no sense
going finer. It loads paper, so plan on burning up a few sheets.