Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Karl - you may lose me to the Dark Side

On Jan 29, 1:24*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Here duh saluit'shen

http://www.festoolusa.com/power-tool...ks-120-sliding...

CRAP!!! Are you kidding? $1350 + tax would make that saw well over
$1400 bucks!! And still doesn't solve the inside miter problems.

I know that was tongue in cheek, but at that price I would want to be
able to leave the saw on the job by itself, go check on another job,
and come back to a finished trim job that the saw did by itself.

I am still using my old DeWalt 10" single bevel that I have had for 15
or so years. When I got it, I took the whole saw carriage apart and
tuned it up with a machinist's square. I had to actually whack the
base with a mallet to bend it to tolerance, but it has held it for all
these years. I use a heavy, thick 60 tooth blade (no skinny minnies
for me - they flex in knots or burls) and that saw cuts like a dream.

I think I paid $199 for that saw and it came with a worthless blade
that I put into a jobsite disposable table saw used for utility work
and a "miter saw" blade coupon that you used when you mailed in your
registration to get a free saw blade. It was a POS, too. The PCs,
Makitas, and other brands of single bevels were about $50 less then,
but this one has been well worth it.

At $1400+, I honestly would be afraid to take the Festool out to the
job.

Robert