Bruce Barnett

Default Bandsaw query: adjusting pulley alignment AND belt tension?

(Robert) writes:

Bruce
I saw a guy at Rockler do it (after I struggled the same way you did)
and here is what he did. The motor is basically placed correctly when
shipped.

My motor was cocked at a 15 degree angle. And of course I had to loosen it
to place the belt on. So the angle of the motor mount changed when the
belt was put on. And the weight of the motor made the belt mis-align again.

Tilt the top half of the saw down,

I don't follow.

attach the belt, and lift
back into position, then bolt the top half in place. Make your
adjustments using the wheel alignment knob on the back, check for
coplaner, and go.

??? The lower wheel doesn't have an alignment knob.
I haven't even gotten to the blade and upper wheel yet.
The only adjustment I see is the 4 bolts for the motor, and the
set screws in the two pulleys (one on motor, one on lower wheel).