George M. Kazaka

Default how to cut a mirror?

There is mirrored Plexilglass
"dteckie" wrote in message
m...
(Ah10201) wrote in message

hi...

is there any type of mirror or mirror substitute that I can cut with a

jig or
scroll saw? I want to make decorative pieces for the interior of a

jewelry box.

thanks...

As an experienced stained glass hobbyist I've made lot's of projects
from lamps to custom Kitchen cabinet glass inserts. If you are cutting
a straight simple piece of glass mirror use a glass cutter. If you are
making a large or intricate cuts have a shop do it for you, they will
grind the sides smooth so you will not get cut. I have not seen any
non glass mirrors although they may exist. You cannot use a scroll saw
on glass, usually some small intricate glass/mirror cuts are made on a
wet, diamond bandsaw very messy and axpensive. The most difficult part
of cutting glass is scoring it, you need constant even pressure (soft
not hard) on scoring the glass and rhen hope that no defects so it
will break apart on score line. Hope it helps !!!