Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default EMP weapon

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Any voting system can be compromised. But electronic voting leaves no
"paper trail".

Actually, many systems DO leave the paper trail. By state law in
Missouri, all electronic voting machines must record a tamper-resistant
paper record
right inside the machine, visible to the voter through a window. It is
basically the same as a cash register tape. It has both printed human
readable info and a 2D bar code that can be scanned more quickly at the
county government center. If there is doubt about the accuracy of the
bar code, a roll can be counted by humans in a half hour or so and
compared with the machine-readable tally.

Why every state doesn't do this, I can't possibly imagine.

What states don't? Florida also keeps the paper ballot that's read
by the machines in the voting precincts.

Yes, the states that use mark-sense cards certainly have physical ballots
that can be checked in a recount, or just spot checked to assure the
computer counts match the physical ballots.

I think Ohio may be one of the states that used touch-screen voting
with no paper generated at the polling place. That is worrisome,
and there have been some anomalies reported, like zero votes for some
candidate in an entire precinct.

Jon