Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
George George is offline

Default Last step in the project of building a home soda machine forflavoring cola

On 1/29/2013 2:35 AM, Danny D. wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:34:06 -0500, Frank wrote:

No, but I heard about Soda Stream machine and wondered
what flavoring cost. That is expensive

At about 50 cents a liter, that Soda Stream flavoring is prohibitively
expensive!

I can't imagine what it costs for people who also buy the carbon dioxide
cartridges from Soda Stream.

It must approach a dollar a liter, which is not even close to worth it.

I can't imagine the company can sell the stuff at these prices, so, maybe
there is a much cheaper supplier for the cola flavor out there?

Easy, good marketing telling people that it works. I always laugh when I
see that commercial "did you you know you could make soda at home from
TAP WATER? (just like they do where you buy fountain soda)"

BTW we solved the "soda problem" by simply not drinking it. You get used
to sweet stuff and a glass of water is just as refreshing.