Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
Danny D.[_7_] Danny D.[_7_] is offline

Default Last step in the project of building a home soda machine forflavoring cola

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:03:30 -0800, mike wrote:

If you're trying to make something that tastes like "coke", you're
likely to be disappointed.

Luckily, the single-blind test I did with the wife & kids of the three
colas (Coke, store brand, and Soda Stream) came out OK on taste.

The problem I'm trying to solve is to lower the cost of the cola syrup.

Carbonated water doesn't taste awful after you get used to it ;-)

The kids think so.

However, I created lemon extract at home simply by scraping lemon peel
zest into vodka, which I used to flavor the "adult" carbonated water.

Here's a picture of that home made lemon extract (in the small jar):