Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dishwasher leak

Two thoughts. On refrigerators, sometimes you have to warm the gasket with a
hair dryer, and then close the door. The softer plastic gasket takes shape,
and "sets" when it cools.

Second. Sometimes, the gasket drags on the door, and doesn't seal. Sometimes
a trace of grease on the gasket helps it to seal.

Please post followup. How'd it go?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"badgolferman" wrote in message
My Whirlpool GU2300XT/B2 dishwasher has a tiny leak under the right
side of the door. It is not leaking under the rest of the dishwasher
where the guts of the unit are. I have removed the access panel and
inspected the underneath carefully to ensure there are no other leaks.

The leak is maybe 1/8 cup per load, if not less. I can actually watch
the dripping occur at the right edge of the door onto the floor. I
have stuck my hand up into the door from underneath but can't determine
where it is coming from exactly. I have also removed the front panel
of the door and inspected the area around the soap dispenser but the
insulation is all dry there and everywhere else.

The gasket is attached to the inner body and the door closes upon it.
I have pulled the gasket out on the side that leaks, inspected, wiped
it clean, and reinserted it back in.

Unfortunately the leak still persists. Any thoughts?