Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smart meters: Cops. Arrests.

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 00:34:04 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 19:33:45 -0500, wrote:

Meanwhile I'll bet they're doing drive-bys. I'm pretty
sure the meter is in a pit in the front yard. The irrigation system
is in that general direction, too.

My house is 14 now. The power, gas, and water is all now read with
drive-by's.

Three people with less responsibility; for reading each meter.

I hear ya'. The water, sewer, garbage, and electricity are all run by
the city but there are two separate entities (water/sewer,
electric/garbage) doing the work. They want to use one grid for
collection but it'll probably be an Abbot and Costello movie in the
making with them tripping over each other (and the new Internet
service).

Yet, I have not suffered from visual images of bags of otters.

I can't wait, though the city is fairly well run, otherwise.