Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Newfangled "no pollution" plastic gas can spouts SUCK???

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 19:26:43 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:39:23 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Well, that sucks. I just tried to find one at Ace, BigR, and DoItBest
(3 of their supposed retailers) but not a one of them carries those
spouts.

So order them online!

I prefer to fondle 'em in the store, thanks.

Seeing them next to each other and feeling the type of plastic
available can make a real difference in their usability to a person,
KWIM,V? Plus, shipping fees nowadays are significant, probably
doubling, if not tripling, the cost of the spout.

One of these days, I'll see if all my spouts are interchangeable and
go from there. Most of my cans don't have the spring-loaded ecocrap
spouts, anyway. I like easy spouts when possible, leaving them in
place rather than flipping their direction and storing them inside the
can to leak onto my fingers when using.

--
Poverty is easy. It's Charity and Chastity that are hard.
--anon

They are real nice. I have two and they work very well. Not real
flexible in the cold just like most plastics.

I asked what the difference was between the "gas" and the "water" spouts
was. Color only, same plastic.

--
Steve W.