Dan White

Default Beware of Unwinding Router!

"Rick Nelson" wrote in message
Back on the issue of routers, I'm also in the group that unplugs it
anytime I change bits. I've had my table mounted router fire up by
accident once when I bumped the power switch while I was lifting it up
to blow some dust out from under the base plate. Not a real dangerous
situation because both of my hands were on the body of the router, but
it was a strong reminder that power tools can come on when you don't
expect it.

My girlfriend's brother is a carpenter, and about 6 months ago he nearly
lost all his fingers from a table saw. He slipped, and the saw cut his
thumb off, and as he fell faint, his hand landed on the saw blade and
mangled the rest of the fingers. After numerous operations, he again has a
thumb and the fingers are healing. It looks like he will regain use of the
hand and all fingers, but it has been a long road to recovery, not to
mention the lost income.

Think twice!
dwhite