Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+ Tim+ is offline

Default Super heavy snow?

Andy Burns wrote:
Owain wrote:

And another one, in Corby, Northants.
http://northantstelegraph.co.uk/comm...snow-1-4725455

http://goo.gl/maps/Bs4Jj

Didn't look as ridiculously wide as the Barnsley one, but there wasn't
that much snow on either of them (judging by nearby roofs) wonder if
the cowboys will stop fitting them to single storey gable ends?

I had a shufi at some fitting insturctions on line which seem to call for
either 900mm of brickwork above the port or the addition of vertical braces
(as visible in that Google maps link). It looks like manufactures should be
seriously rethinking their fitting advice.

I wonder who'll pay up? Home-owners insurance, the car port fitters or the
manufacturers?

Tim