Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_6_] ChairMan[_6_] is offline

Default OT Feinstein's List

Robert Macy wrote:
On Jan 26, 1:13 pm, wrote:
...snip...
Uh, it is my understanding that we already have law
since before
70's that prevents one from 'over exuberance' Not sure,
but I think
the wording is that once you have removed the threat of
bodily harm
from your assailant you are NOT allowed to pummel them
anymore. The
law was designed so that if somebody comes at you with a
knife, you
take the knife away removing the threat of bodily harm,
you are
then NOT allowed to beat the assailant into
unconsciousness -
preventing you from trying to administer punishment for
the
original assault..

Who is "we"?

We live by laws of rule. If there is a law in place, then
we all live
under that law. Thus, "we already have law..." means
exactly that. WE
all live with that law.

Well, "We" in Texas have the Castle Doctrine and after dark
it's even more lenient.
So be careful