Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default What happens if you put 75 watt bulb in a 60 watt fixture

writes:

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 03:31:00 +0000 (UTC), Joe Mastroianni
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 17:31:51 -0600, bud-- wrote:

But in what may be a miracle, I think everyone agreed on this one.

Even me!

The 75Watt Par 30 bulb was just too hot for the lamps.

So I replaced all the bulbs with SMALL CFL bulbs.

That may not be such a good idea. CFLs can easily overheat in
fixtures that weren't intended for them.

Hmm, didn't the OP just report how cool the fixture was?
Seems like...

I followed your advice and found shorter CFL bulbs.

They have about half the light but they don't stick out anymore.
And, those Halogen 75 Watt Par30 bulbs were blazing hot!

The CFL is almost cool to the touch so it's a good solution
that fits the problem set without too many compromises.

Why yes he did!

--
Dan Espen