Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_4_] FrozenNorth[_4_] is offline

Default Anyone Have Experience with this Bending Method?

On 1/27/2013 8:54 PM, Swingman wrote:
Dave wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 19:22:16 -0600, Swingman wrote:
I buy 3/8" bender board plywood at our local dealer for $25.95/4x8
sheet. Just that, and the jig, would also make good cauls for laminating
plywood in the same manner.

What's different about bender board ply than regular? Does it just
bend and stay to form after clamping time or do you have to wet it or
something similar first?

It's flexible plywood which can be bent around curves, but it won't hold
that curve unless it attached/glued to a curved surface of some type ...
lots of ways to effect that.

Is that the stuff with all the shallow cuts in one side for the inside
of the curve?

--
Froz...