Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More metalworking content

On 2013-01-27, Gunner wrote:
On 24 Jan 2013 01:15:37 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

Right now -- my preferred lab power supply for that (a Power
Designs one for 0-36V at 0-5A) is keeping my EEPC Netbook running to run
my weather station web page. (It is loaded with linux, not the original
Windows. :-) The original power supply failed not too long ago, and
finding a replacement (19VDC @ 2.2A with a 2.5mm barrel connector) seems
to be a bit tricky. :-)

No Walmarts in your neck of the woods?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aluratek-U...aptop/14264447

That one looks very much like the "Universal" one which I got,
which does not have the right conector. And they don't list either the
output connectors or the output voltages available (and the current.)
The smallest connector looks as though it *might* be a 2.5mm one, but it
could be 3mm or so instead. No listing means no trial.

It looks as though there is a solution -- I've just accepted an
offer via e-mail.

Here is another choice...

http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=625

Again -- not enough detailed information. The one with the
right wattage and voltage and for Asus looks to have a fatter connector
based on the photo.

Thanks anyway,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564