Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Super heavy snow?

Kenny wrote:

Tim Watts wrote ...

OK - ignore part of my earlier question...

But I still wonder if it was the occupiers who fitted these or the council?

As they were tied into the wall, they must have been put up when the
houses were built. There is flushing along the wall above the joint.

Plenty of companies eager to sell them, just Google cantilever
carport:

http://www.diycarports.co.uk/cantile...ort_prices.php

http://www.windsealdoubleglazing.co....ercarport2.htm

http://123v.com/coppermine/displayim...=1/pid=32.html
We use hilti fixings for supporting our cantilever carport beams. These not only support the carport but are also capable of coping with high winds and heavy snowfalls.

http://www.diycarports.co.uk/cantile...ifications.php
The canopy has been tested at the University of Lancashire in Preston, to a snow loading of 1690kg. And to a wind load of 146mph, far in excess of whatever is likely to occur.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.