Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Honda snowblower

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:14:36 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

It may be the small hole in the side of what looks like a brass bolt that
holds the float bowl on gets stopped up as it is very small. I missed that
the first time I cleaned the carb and it still would not start. Fellow at
work told me about that hole. So small it is easy to miss.

Attention on the Compound!

This "bolt" has a horizontal hole that passes through the bolt. This
is a small venturi (my guess), siphons fuel from the bowl - mixing air
at the carb throat.

Important:

This hole is ~ the size of a bristle from a wire brush. Pluck one an
clear the venturi - both sides - look through the hole for daylight.
Soak it for days; it will not run with the clog in the "bolt".

DO not use a rusted wire, but stainless to reduce chance a breakage.

Great point Ralph! Excellent.