Posted to alt.home.repair
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Enamel through an airless

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need to paint a couple of containers, about five gallons. I am thinking
of using Rustoleum enamel.

Is there anything particular to running enamel through an airless?
Cleanup with mineral spirits?

Investigate another paint, such as acrylic latex?

Suggestions for a long lasting tough exterior paint that can be run
through an airless?

Post to rec.woodworking, they know about sprayers.

I was told over there that in general, latex is tougher on nozzles than
oil -- at least in air spray guns. So it shouldn't be a problem.

If it's just two containers, tho, why not just brush it on? By the time
you've figgered all this out, you'd be done.
Mebbe a garage-floor-type epoxy paint, if durability is important. But
rustoleium is good.

You might also try rustoleum primer in a spray can, followed by a one of
their spray enamels. Their primer is really tough. I spray the undersides
of my vehicles with a cupla cans, when I get a chance.
--
EA

Steve