Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Propane heater question

I got a propane heater. The type that are bolted on top of a bottle, and
have two round heat diffusers. Looks like Mickey Mouse.

At a friend's shop, they have some mondo heaters that run in a line up above
normal ceiling line, and distribute heat downward. They work very well.

I was thinking, could I turn the dishes 90 degrees so that they were pointed
at the floor, instead of them being vertical, as in the tank mount? The
propane LOOKS like it would have to do a 90, but that would be after it had
passed through the regulator, and changed to gas. (?)

Would it be safe for the rubber (?) flex hoses, because they would then be
somewhat above the flame? Maybe put in some sheet metal?

Anyone done this with these heaters?

Steve