Posted to alt.home.repair
jayn123[_2_] jayn123[_2_] is offline

Default Condensation between the panes of 7 yr. old skylight.(s)..okay toleave it alone?

It turns out that it it's not condensation. It's some kind of white residue on the inner-most pane of the glass, and it wipes off with a wet cloth, but not a dry cloth. It's either minerals (or other impurity) from shower steam condensation, or some kind of dust that stuck to the glas, or some kind of mildew. I'm not seeing any water leakage.

The skylight is located in the bathroom of my condo, and even though I have an exhaust fan, it does get some condensation on the inside after taking a shower but it goes away after 20 minutes. The white residue was something I've never noticed before, and doesn't go away on its own, and I thought it was condensation between the panes. As long as the white residue is not the result of any leakage, I guess the skylight is okay for now.

J.

Looking like hell and losing more energy through it are

the only factors. But, have you checked for a warranty?

Velux is a top company and I would not be surprised they

are still under warranty. Also, are you sure it's inside the

glass and not on the inside from humidity in the house?