Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Solved: Vehicle fuel pump as a transfer pump

On my 89 Blazer, I used a sawzall to change the pump from the top.

Low fuel caution is very important. Also, don't buy the high sulfur fuel
from Shell, which destroys fuel gage sending units.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"bob haller" wrote in message

Dodge REALLY needed to put a access cover in the rear of the vehicles
to access the fuel pumps.. Dropping the tank would be
unnecessary........

Just as a note DONT RUN YOU GAS TANKS WITH LOW FUEL LEVELS.....

The gasoline also cools the pumps and lots of running with low fuel
levels leads to replacing the pump

This can easily cost 4 hundred to 5 hundred dollars