Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Smart meters: Cops. Arrests.

Mine's in the basement near the floor. *It amazes me that the signal
passes through eight inches of concrete with a rebar grid in it, then
through twenty feet of gravelly clay, four feet of air, and the metal
body of a van, yet is powered by something that never needs its
batteries changed.

While my Sprint WiFi-enabled cell phone couldn't maintain a connection
with thirty inches of air between it and the WiFi router.

thats the physics of bitrate...

the water meter has to send a few bytes of data and has hours to do
it...

your wifi sends Mbytes of data every second..

the new water meters are interesting, a few months ago we had a note
on our water bill informing us that one of our toilets is
leaking... :-)

Mark