Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More metalworking content

On 2013-01-26, Larry Jaques wrote:
On 26 Jan 2013 04:17:12 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[ ... ]

Hmmm ... I picked up a "universal" power lump from MicroCenter,
which included the right voltage, and a listing for the maker of the
NetBook -- but it had a series of interchangeable barrel connectors with
a 3-pin input. Apparently a resistor in the connector programs which
output voltage you will get -- but there is no matching connector for
the cable (otherwise I would build my own adaptor using the original
cable and my own resistor to program it). I guess that I could find a
female barrel connector and use that to make the adaptor needed.

I recently found out the hard way that RatSnack carried both the M
(5.5x2.1mm) and N (5.5x2.5)size jacks and plugs. I had the wrong size
(M) in my kit when I built my 5ah LED flashlight. The charger was N.
sigh

Your 2.5mm is the ID, while mine has to be 2.5mm OD. The
"universal" supply did have some of the larger sizes, but nothing down
as small as 2.5 mm OD.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564