Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Jim Rusling Jim Rusling is offline

Default OT Feinstein's List

Rifleman wrote:

snip
I'm not questioning the technical merits or differences between various
styles of rifles. All it takes is one bullet fired from any type of
rifle to kill someone.

I'm questioning the *visual appeal* of "military-style" rifles,
especially those that go by the designation "assault rifle".

I'm wondering if there is a class of weapons-buyer that is turned off
(or would be turned off) by the prospect of buying an "ordinary-looking"
rifle if a law went into effect that banned military-style (ie -
military "looking") rifles.

Are there people that seek to buy or are attracted to buy
military-looking rifles JUST BECAUSE they LOOK more "awesome", deadly,
dangerous, than your ordinary run-of-the-mill hunting rifle?

Putting aside the legal/rights argument; If such people exist, are those
the people that you really want to own such weapons?

I like an adjustable stock so that my wife, who is less than 5', and I
6'2", can both shoot the same rifle.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired