Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need advice on garage door torsion repair (bearing, roller, drum)

Glad someone is looking out for the single moms.

Real shame that they make such bad decisions.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Danny D." wrote in message

Thanks. She's a single mom, with twin kindergartners to raise alone.

I met her at a restaurant where she works as a waitress, so she doesn't
make all that much, so if I can save her a couple day's pay, it's the
least I can do to help.

I really want to finish this soon though, because I'm worried
about WHY the door was so crooked.

Here's a picture of what I found when I had arrived.

She said it was making noise, and then just stopped.

If anyone is good with garage door forensics, maybe you can help explain
how a bad bearing on the left side (looking from the inside) would cause
this (because I don't understand it yet).