Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_16_] Doug[_16_] is offline

Default House Paint lifetime warrantee

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:25:00 -0500, George
wrote:

On 1/25/2013 5:19 PM, Doug wrote:
The other thread got me to thinking. I found out about a year ago
that my hired painter used a lifetime warrantee paint from Benjamin
Moore on the outside of my house. I once went to the local Benjamin
Paint store and asked what exactly how it works for this paint if it
doesn't last. He couldn't really explain . Anyone here know or
maybe I need to re-ask them or another store. If it matters I forgot
the name of the paint but it was last year like $55 / gallon and so
far after 10 years, the paint job looks like new (Houston, Texas
climate).

Contact the manufacturer and ask for a copy of the warranty. No one in
this group can tell you what applies to you.

Then review all of it to discover the dozen reasons why they will never
honor it.

This sounds like the best idea... get it straight from the horses'
mouth so to speak. I agree probably the warranty is useless but I'm
just curious what they mean by it.