Robert

Default Bandsaw query: adjusting pulley alignment AND belt tension?

Bruce
I saw a guy at Rockler do it (after I struggled the same way you did)
and here is what he did. The motor is basically placed correctly when
shipped. Tilt the top half of the saw down, attach the belt, and lift
back into position, then bolt the top half in place. Make your
adjustments using the wheel alignment knob on the back, check for
coplaner, and go. Watched him do it, smacked my hand to my head, and
said "Duh!" My experience was similar to yours since I was doing it
alone. I used a stick balanced on my should to leverage the tension
while supporting the motor with a block of wood whilst trying to fit
my big hands in the TINY space to manuver the bolts . . . you get the
idea. Sure know how I will do it next time! However, I am terribly
pleased with the bandsaw, and acheived perfect coplaner wheels easily
after the belt was mounted.
Robert

(omit numerals to reach me)

Bruce Barnett wrote in message ...

Anyhow - I finally figured out how to do it. But am I missing
something? I there an easier way? This is what I did.