Posted to alt.home.repair
NotMe NotMe is offline

Default Smart meters: Cops. Arrests.

"gregz" wrote in message
T. Keating wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 08:55:51 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"[NAPERVILLE, IL] Two vocal opponents of Naperville's initiative to
install
wireless electric meters on homes were arrested this afternoon after
interfering with the installation process... Police are accompanying
crews
this week as they install smart meters at homes that previously sent
away
installers."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6519967.story

Who will protect our precious bodily fluids?

The citizens of Naperville have got several valid points.

Privacy..(yet another added risk..)

RF emissions.. (I've seen 900mhz cell phones cause RF burns.. )
Noteable increases in cell phone linked Brain tumors..
There is more too this issue which is yet to be documented..
Prior studies done by cell phone industry don't cut it(bogus testing
conditions),
haven't been updated for newer tech.(higher frequencies, exotic
modulation).
SM have a fairly high transmit duty cycle, since most of these meters
are set up in
ad-hoc mode, and often relay/forward data between hundreds/thousands of
other customer
meters every few minutes.

Reliability/Safety/Tort.. (Power CO can remotely shutdown/turnon
customer's power without
leaving a trace). It's only a mater of time before any encryption
protocal deployed is
compromised [Just like WEP, WPA. WPA2(have all been cracked)], and other
people will have
this capability.

Fraud/Tort.. Smart meters can/are being programmed @ the manufacturer to
deliberately
over charge a large number customers. It is well known that customers
with PV panels
have been double charged for the energy they supplied to the grid. Note:
This also
affects other non-RE customers to a lessor degree(reactive loads are
being
mismeasured/double charged).

Naperville's bull**** policy of charging 24.95 a month to read a
non-smart meter is
bogus..
Let the homeowner read his/her meter each month, and submit the data on a
web page..
Every year or two.. the power co can confirm it..simple,easy, cheap..

P.S. I also refused the installation of one these Bogus smart meters.
But I did my
homework, and talked to GE's field engineering rep about the capibilities
and ordering
options of the meters being installed.

Thank god.. I don't live in Naperville, or I would be dragiing these
City officials into
court myself.

Put a cell phone 1/4 inch from head and you get a power level depending on
your tower strength. Put it 12 inches away, and it's down 100 times less.
Two feet 400 times less. Four feet 1600 times less.

To have any potential of a physical impact the device needs to be within the
near field of the RF. At 800 MHz that is on the order of 2.5 cm.