Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Paint - How Much to Buy

wrote in :

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 12:39:35 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:54:28 -0500, "dadiOH"
wrote:

As someone said, you will need about 4 gallons +- depending on how it is
applied. You might want to check the price for a 5 gallon bucket, may be
less than 4 - 1 gallon cans. Plus, it will be tinted all in one go rather
than individual cans.

I haven't found any problems with tint variations for *years*. I use
paint out of one gallon to touch up paint that came from another
without *any* problems. ...even a year later. ;-)

Agreed. I haven't seen any problems *at all* with one can not matching another since the
paint retailers went to computerized dispensers.