Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Need advice on garage door torsion repair (bearing, roller, drum)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 12:24:08 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Wow. The bearings are in the end plates, but that was a PITA.

a. There was NO WAY I was going to do this away from my shop!
b. It's nearly impossible without the right tools!
c. Even with the right tools, I'll bet it's not easy.

Not that it matters now, but a local machine shop, good mechanic or
bearing retailer outlets could seat the bearing in the plate for you.
A few bucks with little hassle. A bearing press would have been my
tool of choice for a few dollars cost, they have the tools.

Another idea would be a pneumatic air hammer.