George

Default Bandsaw query: adjusting pulley alignment AND belt tension?

Some of us just hang it on the pulleys and tap 'em into line before
tightening, but otherwise, it's still a goat rope with one individual.

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message

I was setting up my new Jet 14" bandsaw, and aligning the pulleys was
a PITA! The Duginski book says this only takes a few minutes. I'd like
to know how. The entire motor mount was angled when I got the saw,
and the pulleys were not parallel, let alone aligned.

I placed the belt over the two pulleys, and the weight of the motor
pulled the far end down, changing the parallelism. I have to (a) hold
the motor mount level with 2 hands, (b) use the third hand to apply
tension to the motor, (c) assure the pulleys were parallel with my
fourth hand, and (d) tighten the 4 bolts with my free hand.
Not really, but that's why I was cussing.

Anyhow - I finally figured out how to do it. But am I missing
something? I there an easier way? This is what I did.