Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Paint - How Much to Buy

Dottie wrote:
I need to paint my great room - hall - and dinette. Its all painted
the same color. I measured (three walls have those tall vaulted
ceilings) -- but as best I can tell - the area measures 1441 sq.ft.
I have thrown away the sales slips for the paint we bought - years
ago - and I have no idea how many gallons. It will be flat paint, as
close to the original color as possible. Hopefully, one coat will
cover it. How many gallons do I need? My late husband always bought
the paint - well, I bought it, but he told me how many gallons to
buy. Any help would be appreciated. Will probably shop at Home
Depot or Lowes. Thanks.

As someone said, you will need about 4 gallons +- depending on how it is
applied. You might want to check the price for a 5 gallon bucket, may be
less than 4 - 1 gallon cans. Plus, it will be tinted all in one go rather
than individual cans.

--

dadiOH