Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Paint - How Much to Buy

Dottie wrote in
:

I need to paint my great room - hall - and dinette. Its all painted
the same color. I measured (three walls have those tall vaulted
ceilings) -- but as best I can tell - the area measures 1441 sq.ft. I
have thrown away the sales slips for the paint we bought - years ago -
and I have no idea how many gallons. It will be flat paint, as close
to the original color as possible. Hopefully, one coat will cover it.
How many gallons do I need? My late husband always bought the paint
- well, I bought it, but he told me how many gallons to buy. Any help
would be appreciated. Will probably shop at Home Depot or Lowes.
Thanks.

I'll toss in some how to vs how much.

Once you figure what you need you can get a gallon less. When you need
another gallon, stop when you're down to a half gallon or so AND at the end
of a wall/section. Get another gallon. "Box" half the new gallon into the
existing can to fill it. As it's used, add more of the last can purchased.
Repeat if necessary.

Actually, all of the paint should be boxed if you do it like the pros.

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/f...e/boxing-paint