Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_43_] Bill[_43_] is offline

Default Why do Microwave ovens change direction?

I poked around the internet with this subject.

Microwave oven electrical schematics "tell all". I found many schematics
which just had an "on/off" for the turn table motor. No circuitry for CW
or CCW rotation!

Then I also saw "microwave oven reversible synchronous motors" for sale.
That implies some microwave ovens might intentionally reverse direction
after the door has been opened. And I read elsewhere they would do that
to minimize "hot spots".

Anyway to settle this, test your microwave oven by opening the door
several times and seeing if it does in fact reverse direction when door
closed and restarted...

Then post the brand and model number. Then let's see if we can find the
schematics / service manual for that microwave. See if there is
circuitry to reverse the motor direction.