Posted to alt.home.repair
Sjouke Burry[_5_] Sjouke Burry[_5_] is offline

Default What happens if you put 75 watt bulb in a 60 watt fixture

Joe Mastroianni wrote in news:kdtto1$39b$2@dont-
email.me:

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 05:57:44 -0600, homeowner wrote:

75 watt incandescent bulbs were banned on January 1 of this year.

That's odd. Today I bought the 75 Watt flood you see in the 1st

picture.
Along with 90W (larger) floods (which were too big for this lamp).

And, at the same Home Depot, I saw 200 Watt long-necked incandescent
bulbs, and 150Watt 3-way incandescent bulbs for sale ...

So, they 'might' be banned - but they're certainly still being sold.

"special" or "artistic" lights are perfectly legal.
Its just the ordinairy frosted bulb which is illegal(to sell).
Jou can use them for as long as your stockpile lasts.
Just dont try to sell them.