Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Mastroianni Joe Mastroianni is offline

Default What happens if you put 75 watt bulb in a 60 watt fixture

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 07:45:21 -0500, John Grabowski wrote:

The 75 watt bulb that you have in the light looks as though it might be a
halogen bulb which gets very hot. I would try a 50 watt PAR 20 bulb. It is
a small halogen floodlight (Actually they come in flood or spot) and puts
out about the same amount of light as a 75 watt incandescent bulb.

It 'is' a halogen, and it 'does' get very hot.

And, I guess, lumens are all I want (and compact size so it doesn't
stick out of the housing) - so that's a good idea if it works.