Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default mothballs?

"yve lynch" wrote in message ...

tiredofspam;2988896 Wrote:
I have a mouse problem in my garage, I've tried the electronic
pesticide.. it's not working well. The mice come in for the winter and
have destroyed my cabin air filters.

I also hate the smell of moth balls so I searched for an alternative.
What I found is Peppermint oil. The smell is so much better and it is

I used to end up with mice in my shop, basement, kitchen, wood storage shed
and equipment shed every winter... I used to set traps when I noticed
mouse/vole activity. However, I've now taken to leaving Victor traps, baited
with peanut butter, on shelves in the basement, shop and sheds through out
the year. I changed over to having baited traps in place all the time in the
house after catching 9 mice in my house in a 2 day period. I started doing
it in the sheds after taking a box of gutter/leader fittings off the shelf
and having two mice jump out... one ricocheted off my chest as it took off!
I laughed at that but cleaning up the mess was no fun.

I've had no luck keeping the mice and voles out by plugging holes or using
deterrents. So now the idea is to kill them before they breed!

John