patriarch

Default Beware of Unwinding Router!

"Swingman" wrote in
:

"DonkeyHody" wrote in message
I have a Porter Cable 7518 3 1/4 router mounted in my table. Sweet
machine. Last night I had just changed bits and was raising the bit
to final height when I accidently hit the On switch.

I wired/mounted a switched wall receptacle to the side of my router
table and plug the router into it. Besides being able to turn the
router on/off with the switch, it is also very convenient to unplug,
so encourages doing so.

See, I have this problem with making certain that my mind doesn't wander,
even when I'm in theraphy^H^H^H^H^Hthe shop. SEEING that the plug is
physically seperate from the power source means that the electrons can't as
easily do nasty things to me. I just get interrupted far too often to rely
on my memory of switch settings.

If I were the seasoned pro that Pat Warner is, maybe it would be different.
But I'm not, so I have to do things differently. And, given my mind's
propensity to wander, more simply.

Seems to carry over to driving these days, too. ;-)

Patriarch