yve lynch yve lynch is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofspam View Post
I have a mouse problem in my garage, I've tried the electronic
pesticide.. it's not working well. The mice come in for the winter and
have destroyed my cabin air filters.

I have found the droppings each year since installing the electronic unit.

So now I am trying an old remedy of mothballs. I sprinkled them around
the garage perimeter, fortunately my dog won't go near them, he backed
away from the smell. And boy do they stink.

I think I read years ago that throwing one in a draw with tools kept the
rust away. Is this true?

I hate the smell but have a bunch left, and wondered if I can preseve
some tools by throwing a ball in there.

I also hate the smell of moth balls so I searched for an alternative. What I found is Peppermint oil. The smell is so much better and it is very much natural. The smell is intense for rodents and they will not go to places where they can smell it. Most grocery stores sell peppermint oil for a very low price and all you have to do is pour at least 2 drops of it on a cotton ball and place it where you found the droppings or at the corners of your garage.

Also, keep in mind that mouse loves to mess around places where they have places to hide so keep your garage tidy and clean. -yve

Last edited by yve lynch : January 29th 13 at 08:23 AM