Posted to alt.home.repair
Hench Hench is offline

Default house thermostat w/ elapsed timer

On 1/24/2013 8:30 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:32:54 -0600, "ps56k"
wrote:

What with all the various eco topics concerning when and how to run your
heating/cooling,
I have yet to see a home electronic thermostat with the added feature of -
- an elapsed run timer -

ie - how long has the system run since timer reset ?

This would be great to see if setting the temp higher in summer,
or a little lower in winter actually changes anything
while being able to record the amount of time the furnace or A/C runs...

The Nest thermostat does this. The web site will show you time used
for every day in the last month and they send an email each month with
all of the details. I certainly wouldn't spend the money just for
that but it really is a nice thermostat, particularly to monitor a
vacant or vacation house.

Honeywell was about to release one of their own then there were the
lawsuits against or from Nest. Honeywell delayed thier's.

For those of us in Canada Costco Canada was selling an Ecobee that was
similar to the Nest although with more bells and whistles. I think it
was $399 at Costco but I may be wrong. Nest might be $200 or $250 I
think at least in Canuckistan...