Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default house thermostat w/ elapsed timer

"ps56k" wrote:
What with all the various eco topics concerning when and how to run your
heating/cooling,
I have yet to see a home electronic thermostat with the added feature of -
- an elapsed run timer -

ie - how long has the system run since timer reset ?

This would be great to see if setting the temp higher in summer,
or a little lower in winter actually changes anything
while being able to record the amount of time the furnace or A/C runs...

I had one I bought about 8 years ago. It was good for me so I could compute
oil use at 3/4 gallon per hour. I got gas and the device went bad. Not more
than three years old.

Greg