Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default warning - Machine Mart

On Thursday 24 January 2013 22:05 DrTeeth wrote in uk.d-i-y:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:01:36 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, Rick Hughes disturbed my
reverie and wrote:

Took it back the next day ... as I had 'opened the box' would only give
Credit Note.

This has no basis in law and you found the good unsuitable due to poor
quality. Opening the box is BS and one is not obliged to returned
goods with packaging if they are defective.
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).

Exactly.
I just exercised my rights under the DSR with broadbandbuyer.co.uk after
buying 3 PDU strips.

The "ears" where not as I had assumed (it made a difference for my
application) and the photo on the site not great.

I had opened one, resealed it carefully with every last twist tie present
and applied for an RMA. Then posted them back. Had the refund in a week.

This is how it should be.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceived SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see: